These resources will help you in your own research. We do not receive a referral fee from any of the companies or organizations listed here.
- New Client Forms
- If you are a new client with us, review and sign these forms.
- Home Care
- There are hundreds of in-home care providers in Washington. Here is a list of a few we are familiar with in the Puget Sound region.
- These professional organizers and downsizers are specially trained to help seniors.
- Seattle area movers specially trained in helping seniors move.
- Elder Law
- Elder care lawyers have invaluable knowledge about elder law issues such as Estate Planning, Disability Planning & Trusts, Estate Administration, and applying for Medicaid. Here are a few we know and trust.
- Medicare/Medicaid Assistance
- Medicare and Medicaid can be confusing to navigate. Many people get even get the two terms mixed up. Here is a brief description of each and some helpful links.
- Veterans Aid and Attendance Benefits
- Are you a US Veteran or surviving spouse? You may be entitled to a benefit administered by the Department of Veterans Affairs that can provide tax-free funds to purchase care, both in-home and residential. Here are some helpful links about these benefits.
- Nursing Assessments
- Before moving to a care facility, an assessment by a qualified assessor, usually an RN, is required by WA State. If you’re moving to an assisted living there is no fee for this assessment. If you’re moving to an adult family home you’ll need to hire a nurse for around $400 to complete the assessment. Here is a list of nurses who are in the practice of doing adult family home pre-admission assessments.
- Additional Resources
These are providers we have had good experiences with in the past and they don't pay us for listing them. We hope you find them helpful.
- Fedelta (Bellevue, Federal Way, Seattle)
If you would like to conduct your own search, here are some resources to help you.
- Department of Health
- The Department of Health provides a complete list of providers with their license status.
- Retirement Connection
- Retirement Connection provides a list of providers including contact information and website listings.
- State Health Insurance Benefits Advisors
- Free Medicare enrollment help from volunteers.
Nursing Assessments and Nurse Delegation
- Nancy Haberman, RN
- $400 for preadmission assessments. Prefers Eastside (Renton to Kirkland).
- Alina Capusan, RN
- $400 for pre-admission assessments. Covers Seattle and Eastside.
Additional Important Resources
- Washington State Long-Term Care Ombudsman
- Solid Ground
- The Washington State Long-Term Care Ombudsman advocates for residents of nursing homes, adult family homes, and assisted living facilities. Their purpose is to protect and promote Resident Rights under Federal and State law and regulations. They are trained to receive complaints and resolve problems in situations involving quality of care, use of restraints, transfer and discharge, abuse and other aspects of resident dignity and rights.
- *Has a list of Medicaid housing options.
- The Association of Senior Referral Professionals
- ASRP is the professional trade association for referral or placement agencies in Washington. Washington state was the first to pass a law (in 2012) regulating the operating procedures of senior referral professionals like Silver Age. You can find information here about the regulations we are required to follow.